Sunday, October 07, 2007

September... Found

I just finished uploading pictures of September's quilts to the webshots album and I think I found out where September went. I did a lot of quilting last month! There's 8 different quilts in the September album. Two of those are custom.



The NASCAR stripes quilt took a bit more time than planned because I didn't like the way the stencil pattern in the stripes was working out, so I spent 2 movies picking out the stitches and then re-did it.


I liked it MUCH better the second time.





The second custom quilt was the Kaffe Fasset squares I mentioned in the last post. It was pretty straight-forward quilting... stitch-in-the-ditch on the sashing and stipple in the big squares, but the challenge was the "Suffolk Puffs"



Now I think they look like yo-yo's but if a top designer calls them puffs, then they are puffs. Anyway, they sit there at the intersection of the sashing and are a bit tricky to quilt around until you get the hang of it.





That's one of the things I love about this job. I get to play with quilts of all types. Trendy Kaffe Fasset to Thimbleberries samplers. And that's about as wide a spread as you can get.



Then I also finished 3 Quilt pink quilts (there are 5, but the last 2 were technically October quilts). The QP quilts were from Jennifer at http://www.thethriftyneedle.com/. She has a great online fabric shop. All sorts of fabric and at discounted prices. Nothing better than that (except maybe chocolate). I'll post pictures of them as soon as I get them. I sent them off so quickly, I never took a picture.


So I guess I was busier than I thought. It's really nice to see the pile of "quilts in waiting" getting smaller. Maybe, just maybe, I can get to quilting some of my own tops, or maybe some piecing... Wishful thinking I know.








So now I have found September. I feel better. Sheesh... no post for a month and now two long ones in a few days. I guess consistency is not one of my strong points.









No comments: