Friday, August 03, 2007

Time Flies!

Wow, how has it been 2 weeks since my last post? Things are finally settling into a bit of a routine. A busy one, but a routine none the less.
Most of last week was spent quilting what is almost a wholecloth quilt. The customer does what she calls "nature printing" . She uses actual plants for block printing. It makes for a very realistic painting. My job was to fill in the rest of a queen size piece of unbleached muslin. This is the result.














Yes, the quilting went a little over the top (I seem to go there quite often) but I like the way it came out.














I also picked up a quilt from Sarah that has been lurking as a UFO for years. It was a mystery quilt and somehow I was never crazy about the contrast. Now that it is quilted and bound, I really like it a lot more. If I keep up at this rate, I'll be able to hang out the "quilts for sale" sign fairly soon.










The renovation upstairs continues. No pictures yet, but I have overhead lights, lots of plugs along one wall and the electric on other wall is almost done. My sewing machines have moved upstairs, but haven't been set up yet. Not having a sewing machine is no fun. But it is keeping me focused on quilting. I just keep thinking about how great this sewing room is going to be.

No comments: