Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Routine is Good

I don't know where the weeks are going! But, they are going in a much more orderly manner. No big surprises or last minute changes. That is SO nice.

I've been quilting and still trying to get the renovations done at the shop. The electric is almost done. I had to take a bit of time away from that to build some cabinets for downstairs. The sewing machines have moved upstairs and piecing is a bit of an adventure, but my furniture arrangement looks like it will work out.


The last quilt I finished was the lupine print. It had lots of quilting, so a few pantos will be great to let my brain rest.


I got one of my "Orphan Quilts" back from Sarah. All it needs now is a label. I thought I had a picture, but can't find it. I'll post it when I do. I just love the orphan quilts. It's nice to see some one's hard work finally finished. This flannel squares top was hand sewn and all the seam allowances were overcast to stop fraying. I had to finish one seam on the last row. There are a few blocks that were pieced and whoever made this top took the time to match the plaids. That much attention to detail deserves a better end than languishing as a UFO somewhere. With the twill backing it is a really snugly rustic "cottage" type quilt. If it sells, I'll donate some of the proceeds to the Ark Animal shelter to help with their orphans. That's where Emmie and Leggs came from.



This is Leggs and Emmie...They own the shop and graciously let me work there as long as the food bowl stays full!










http://www.thecraftyunicorn.com/

http://community.webshots.com/user/TheCraftyUnicorn

No comments: