Saturday, August 04, 2007

I just love Saturdays

Maybe the novelty will wear off soon, but I just love this Saturday morning stuff. It seems easier to get out of bed, I get stuff done, and today I get to go to a quilt show! Mary and I were going to take the Town Hall quilt to the show and sell tickets, but we couldn't get the canopy to sit under, and neither of us is up to a full day in the sun, so we are just going as spectators. The show is held in a church in Perry (I think). They hold it every other year. One of the organizers is Bonnie Hunter... not the Stashbusters-Scrap Queen Bonnie Hunter...Maine's Bonnie Hunter. Kinda weird, huh? Two Bonnie Hunters, both seriously into quilting.


I never mentioned the last of the "green quilt day" quilts. Sheri's "patchwork therapy" had lots of chunky borders and I couldn't decide what to do in them, so I did a little bit of everything. Each piece has something different in it... there are freehand leaves, stenciled feathers, you name it I think it's there. It was fun to make it up as I went along and went along with the "funky-ness" of the quilt. There's more pictures on the webshots page in the July 2007 album.


Well, got to pack lunch for the show. Hope to come home with lots of ideas.

No comments: