Friday, August 31, 2007

Avoidance

If there are two things I'm really good at it's procrastinating and what my husband call avoidance. They kind of work together. Like right now, I have a quilt to finish. I have found all kinds of things that "just need to be done"... Like printing brochures... trimming the quilt I need to send out... posting on my blog...heck, I'm even thinking of doing some laundry!

This is the quilt I need to send out- (A customer quilt that came in response to my ad in Quick Quilts magazine...yea!). The quilt I'm avoiding is a pretty quilt, well pieced, simple panto design, probably 1-1/2 to 2 hours work and it will be done. I just can't make myself go work on it. The thread we chose is gorgeous, but it's touchy. I had problems the last time I used it, but thought it was just me. This time I went looking for hints and found that the manufacturer has "revised" the suggested uses and doesn't really recommend it for long-arms. Not saying you can't, several people on a couple of forums love this stuff. But, they love it for detail and fine work like micro-stippling. I'm using it in a big open panto. I only discovered the problem when I did the first pass on another quilt. Looked at the back and lousy tension anytime I go right to left. Adjusting the tension just makes it break... so, loosen the quilt sandwich, get the tension as good as possible, and go r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w. I hate crawling when I want to run. The first quilt (70 X 70) took me 7 hours quilting and fixing (mostly fixing) This one will make up for it but I just don't wanna do it! Oh well, I'll put on my big girl panties and get over it. Once it's done, it's done and I know other folks are having way worse problems than this.


I did find the pictures of the flannel squares orphan quilt . Someone really worked hard on this one.

A few squares are pieced and she even matched the plaid- Attention to details- wow!









No comments: